- Home Visits | Parents as Teachers
Parents as Teachers (PAT) Home Visiting
A professionally trained parent educator will visit your family monthly to share information and resources about child development and parenting topics using the nationally acclaimed Parents As Teachers Curriculum. This opportunity is available to parents living in Eau Claire or Dunn County who are expecting or adopting a baby, and/or whose child is under the age of 5.
As a PAT family, you will receive:
- Personal Visits: During these visits, your parent educator will share age-appropriate child development and parenting information, help you learn to observe your child and address your parenting concerns.
- Parent Group Meetings: These meetings provide the opportunity to share information about parenting issues and child development. Parents learn and support each other, observe their children with other children and practice parenting skills.
- Screenings: Assessment of your child's overall development as well as health, hearing and vision.
- Resource Network: This network will link your family to other community services.